Pages

About Nathan

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA
Nathan has been found. God has brought him back to us.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Psalm 31

My prayer today is for Nathan to realize what day it is.  Aug.3 is his mother's birthday.  I would always hear from him on my birthday and he most always gave me a gift.  The best gift I could get today would be a phone call. 

Dear Lord,  You know where Nathan is.  You know what he is thinking, doing and struggling with.  Help him today to think clearly, look at his life and realize all men are sinners, even in a cult that may be professing love and peace.  We all hurt each other and say things we shouldn't say, our hearts are very wicked.  It is only because of you Lord and what  you did for us on the cross that we have the ability to change and confess our sin and repent. You alone take our hearts of stone and give us a heart of flesh. A cult thinks they love you, they think they are doing the right things, but they are not and do not know you.  So their sin will be present and their ability to forsake their sin and live a life of love, is impossible.  Without you we cannot live a repentant life.  May Nathan see the truth as he interacts with people that do not know you and may life of sin be a darkness that Nathan sees and wants to run from.

Psalm 31:4 Pull me out of the net that they have laid privily for me: for thou art my strength.  7 I will be glad and rejoice in they mercy; for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
8 and hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy: thou hast set my feet in a large room. 9 Have mercy upon me, O Lord, for I am in trouble; mine eye is consumed with grief, yea, my soul and my belly. 14 But I trusted in thee, O Lord: I said, Thou art my God. 15 My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me.16 Make thy face to shine upon thy servant: save me for thy mercies' sake.

May Nathan pray this prayer and may he come to fear the Lord and desire to return to a life of serving the true and living God.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Nancy,

    Dear friend, our prayers are with you on behalf of Nathan,I do pray you might hear from him this very day. May the Lord give you peace and comfort. "It is good to hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord" Love, Pam Gerhardt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am praying for you and your son. a friend forwarded this to me via facebook. i have posted it to my facebook as well. i am praying for you and your precious son.
    julie harris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Nancy -
    I just heard from Ming about Nathan and I feel so bad for you. Nathan is the sweetest kid ever. Please call me if you need to talk or email me lfischer820@hotmail.com.
    I will be praying for Nathan and your family and will pray that he is safe.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete